Casso Consulting is a growing, busy, small engineering and professional services firm. We have a quality-conscious, teamwork environment of professional engineers. We value and invest in our team members while encouraging individual growth. At Casso Consulting, we endeavor to provide quality-focused services, and strive to make every project successful in the eyes of the client, the public, and the project team. We believe that providing outstanding client service and meeting commitments are keys to achieving this success. Casso Consulting’s current services benefit multi-discipline infrastructure projects in the areas of management, utility coordination, civil and stormwater infrastructure design, construction specifications, quality control, and supporting services. As our firm grows, our service offerings may expand.
We are looking for a responsible, proactive engineer with a design for construction focus to add to our 6-person firm. The successful candidate would have a minimum of 5 years design experience and be a licensed professional engineer. The successful candidate would also have strong communication skills, strong skills with current computer-aided design software (Bentley Microstation / OpenRoads preferred, and AutoCAD Civil 3D). The person who joins our firm would perform stormwater engineering duties in design and construction phases for infrastructure facilities, such as roads, bridges, trails, railroads, transit, airports, pipelines, parks, buildings, and associated improvements. Duties may include any of our firm’s services, and other duties as assigned.
Title and compensation depend on experience.
Casso Consulting does not provide work visa’s.
Education, Experience, and Licensing:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Professional Engineering License required, shall be active, not currently under investigation by the Board, and no disciplinary action within the last 5 years.
- Active driver’s license that is not restricted or subject to suspension.
- Engineering and Technology
- Customer and Personal Service
- English Language
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Time Management
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Negotiation – Trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Spend Time Sitting
- Spend Time Driving
- Spend Time Walking and Running
- Contact With Others
- Electronic Mail
- Face-to-Face Discussions
- Letters and Memos
- Exposed to Traffic
- Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
- Exposed to Minor Burns, Cuts, Bites, or Stings
- Deal With External Customers
- Coordinate or Lead Others
- Work With Work Group or Team
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
- In an Enclosed Vehicle
- Outdoors, Exposed to Weather
- Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Resolve engineering problems
- Use intuitive judgment for engineering analyses
- Collect technical data
- Read survey data
- Read drawings
- Read maps
- Read technical drawings
Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards
- Examine engineering documents for completeness or accuracy
- Review designs for regulatory compliance
Interacting With Computers
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
- Use spreadsheet software
- Use word processing or desktop publishing software
- Use computer-aided design software (Bentley Microstation / OpenRoads and AutoCad Civil 3D)
- Use hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software (Hydrology and Stormwater Studio, Bentley FlowMaster, and Bentley CivilStorm)
- Convert design plans and specifications to cost estimates
- Estimate materials or labor requirements
- Estimate effort and duration needed for project
Analyzing Data or Information
- Analyze engineering design problems
- Analyze project proposal to determine feasibility, cost, or time
- Analyze technical data, designs, or preliminary specifications
- Evaluate costs of engineering projects
- Evaluate engineering data
- Evaluate material specifications
- Provide analytical assessment of engineering data
Using Relevant Knowledge
- Use land use regulations
- Use government regulations
- Use knowledge of investigation techniques
- Use knowledge of materials testing procedures
- Use knowledge of regulations in surveying or construction activities
- Use project management techniques
- Use technical regulations for engineering problems
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Communicate technical information
- Follow contractual confidentiality requirements
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Work as a team member
- Maintain and build positive client relationships
- Compile numerical data
- Calculate distances, stations, and elevations
- Develop tables depicting data
- Develop designs
Provide Consultation and Advice to Others
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
- Recognize construction industry codes or symbols on drawings
- Understand construction specifications
- Understand engineering data or reports
- Understand government construction contracting regulations
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others
- Explain complex information
- Interpret aerial photographs
- Interpret plans and maps
Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
Performing Administrative Activities
- Prepare reports or related documentation
- Prepare invoices and written narratives of work performed
- Prepare accurate time sheets and personal expense reports
- Document conversations and meetings
- Personal vehicle with insurance meeting the statutory requirements or approved equivalent